UGL in English – Understanding Group and Leader
The UGL course, Understanding Group and Leader, has been the fundamental leadership course for the Swedish Armed Forces since 1981. Since around 1990, it has become a much appreciated and popular course outside of the Swedish Armed Forces as well.
The overall aim of the course is to make participants more effective as leaders and/or as members of a working group.
UGL starts Monday morning and ends Friday afternoon with a total of 48 hours of training.
Group Size 8-12 participants.
Accommodation fees not included
Hotelprices four nights
Kungsängen: 10 200 SEK
The UGL concept deals with the aspects of leadership and membership commitment that relate to relationships; that is to say, myself as a leader/member in relation to others in the team. The concept aims to provide reflection tools concerning how I am personally affected by and affect others in a work situation. What forces within me and within others facilitate or impede this process.
The course also deals with the opportunities and problems of leadership in relation to the development of the maturity of the group. What is it that facilitates or impedes the implementation of the task at hand and the development of the group from a leadership perspective? UGL covers these questions by allowing participants to experience situations that reflect group dynamics and to understand their own roles as part of the group.
The aim of the course is to enhance participants’ abilities to:
- work with reflection and learning both individually and as part of a group
- deal with and understand conflicts
- be able to communicate directly and clearly
- understand the effects of feelings on individuals and at group level
- be able to give and take effective feedback
- understand how values affect relationships and leadership
- be able to discern different stages in the development of a group and in their own attitude related to these
- understand that different leadership styles are needed.
All individuals that aim for personal growth and development
No specific requirements. UGL can be quite demanding and you should be rested and stable in good balance before the course starts.